Green card  | John Hu Migration Consulting

Green card | John Hu Migration Consulting

Obtaining a Green Card Through a Job Offer:
You may be eligible to become a permanent resident based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States. Most categories require an employer to get a labor certification and then file an Immigrant Petition for you.


What is the Permanent Labor Certification Process?
When odtaining a green card, the actual process for permanent labor certification varies depending upon the program being used.

This Website contains information regarding the process for filing for each of the programs under the Department of Labor's (DOL) jurisdiction.

The filing of applications is the responsibility of the employer, not the employee. However, the employee can benefit from understanding the program being utilized on his/her behalf. In general, the DOL works to ensure that the admission of foreign workers to work in the U.S. will not adversely affect the job opportunities, wages and working conditions of U.S. workers. Once a permanent labor certification application has been approved by the DOL, the employer will need to seek the immigration authorization from USCIS.

Immigrant Classifications

The following  Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker - employment-based immigrant classifications: 

E12 outstanding professor or researcher
E13 multinational executive or manager
E21 member of professions holding an advanced degree or an alien of exceptional ability (with the exception of National Interest Waiver petitions)
E31 skilled worker
E32  professional
EW3 unskilled/other worker
SD1 minister of religion
SR1 nonminister in a religious occupation or vocation
Nonimmigrant Classifications

The following Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker - employment-based nonimmigrant classifications are included :

E-1 treaty trader
E-2 treaty investor
E-3 member of specialty occupation who is a national of the Commonwealth of Australia
H-1B specialty occupation worker
H-1B1  specialty occupation worker from Chile or Singapore
H-1B2 worker performing services related to a Department of Defense cooperative research and development project or coproduction project
H-1B3 fashion model of distinguished merit and ability
H-2A temporary or seasonal agricultural worker
H-2B temporary non-agricultural worker
H-3 trainee or special education exchange visitor
L-1A intracompany transferee in a managerial or executive position
L-1B intracompany transferee in a position utilizing specialized knowledge
LZ  blanket L petition
Q-1 international cultural exchange visitor
R-1 religious worker
TN NAFTA professional from Canada or Mexico

Spouses and Children Seeking Dependent Nonimmigrant Classification

Spouses and children who qualify for the dependant nonimmigrant classification of a temporary worker and who are outside of the United States should apply directly at a U.S. consulate for a visa. 


Contact Us

We pride ourselves on delivering superior migration and visa processing services with the utmost passion. At John Hu Migration Consulting, we also ensure our clientele are provided with the utmost support.

For further enquiries or information regarding our green card services, please contact us at (+852) 3568 1436 or speak to one of our dedicated migration agents today. Or alternatively, you can also fill out our simple Free Assessment form here.

​Our immigration consultants will reply to your enquiry and provide you with a FREE phone consultation.