EB5 | John Hu Migration Consulting
*NEWS: For standard threshold, the minimum investment will be USD1.8 million, compared to the current USD1 million. The lower threshold requires a minimum investment of USD900,000 instead of the current USD500,000. The rule will take effect on November 21, 2019.
Introduction to the EB-5 Visa
The EB-5, a fifth employment-based visa preference is intended to encourage the flow of capital into the U.S. economy and to promote the employment of U.S. workers.
Advantages of the EB-5 Visa:
- Qualifying investors and their spouse and minor children (under 21) will be granted US Lawful Permanent Residency (GREEN CARD).
No minimum requirements as to age, to speak English, employment experience or education
- The investor and their family may live/work anywhere in the United States. Minor children (aged under 21) may obtain employment; subject to age, state and governmental laws and restrictions.
Educational benefits including admission to universities at US residents' costs.
- The EB-5 program does not require immigrant investors to manage their investment on a day-to- day basis.
After 5 years, the investor and their family may obtain US citizenship, subject to meeting all EB-5 immigration requirements, as required under law.
1. The alien must either establish a business, or invest in an existing business that was created or restructured after November 19, 1990.
2. The alien must have invested USD $1,000,000 (only USD $500,000 when investing in a USCIS designated regional centre) in the business.
3. The business must create full-time employment for at least 10 US workers.
Our Award Winning EB5 Programs:
Processing time :
Around 2 to 2.5 years
How long Must I Remain in the United States Each Year?
All permanent residents are required to enter the U.S. at least once every half a year, and not out of the country for more than 180 days.
What is the Difference Between Permanent Residency and Citizenship?
Once you obtain a green card and become a legal permanent resident, you have most of the rights and obligations of U.S. citizens, except that you cannot vote and are not entitled to some public benefits.
What is the Difference Between "Conditional" and "Unconditional" Green Cards?
Under the regulations, an investor who is approved for the EB-5 immigrant visa receives a “conditional” green card, which must be reissued after two years; subject to removal of conditions. Otherwise, the two cards offer the same rights and privileges.
>> FAQ of EB5 program
For further information regarding the EB-5 immigrant visa, or for general enquiries, contact us today at (+852) 3568 1436 or please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can also fill out our easy Free Assessment Form here.
Our immigration consultants will reply to your inquiry and provide you with a FREE phone consultation service.